Crowns are an excellent way to repair a tooth that is very badly decayed or damaged and cannot be fixed with a simple filling. Many dental patients prefer porcelain crowns because not only are they strong and durable – they also look like your natural teeth! We are pleased to offer porcelain crowns to our patients from throughout the Bulverde, Spring Branch, Timberwood Park, Canyon Lake, and San Marcos, TX areas.
Great Reasons to Choose Bulverde North Family Dental for Porcelain Crowns:
- Although the word “porcelain” may indicate otherwise, the truth is that porcelain crowns are extremely durable and typically last for many years
- Porcelain crowns look just like your natural teeth, so this type of crown is much less noticeable than those made of other materials such as gold, for example
- Most crowns that are considered to be restorative are covered at least partially by the patient’s insurance
Important Information about Porcelain Crowns
A crown is also called a “cap.” This custom-made appliance is designed to cover the entire surface of the tooth and is a great way to save a natural tooth that might otherwise be lost. Crowns are often used on teeth that have undergone root canals.
Porcelain crowns may be a good choice to resolve any of the following conditions:
- A broken tooth
- A tooth that is badly decayed or damaged and cannot be repaired with a filling
- Misshaped teeth (may be considered as cosmetic dentistry)
The Porcelain Crown Procedure
Getting a new porcelain crown usually requires two trips to our Spring Branch office. During the first visit, your dentist will remove all decay from the affected tooth and make an impression of it. This impression is then sent away to a dental lab, where your permanent crown will be made. Before you leave our office, your dentist will provide you with a temporary crown so you can eat normally until your permanent crown is ready. During the second visit to our office, your dentist will fit you with a new permanent crown.
Contact Our Office Today
To find out more about porcelain crowns, or to schedule an appointment, contact our Spring Branch office today. Our patient family includes people from throughout the Bulverde, Spring Branch, Timberwood Park, Canyon Lake, and San Marcos, TX areas.